On this podcast, I talk about why “Owning Your BS” is the first step towards success. Owning Your BS aka being very self-aware separates the winners from the losers in life.
Your BS includes:
- Your refusal to accept the part you played in a situation.
- It’s the lies, and excuses you tell yourself for why something hasn’t happened.
- It’s the bad habits that keep you from taking the action required to put you on the right path.
- It’s also the relationships, behaviors, and stressful situations that you allow in your life, but you whine and complain about it being the other person’s fault– “I”m a good person, Why Me? Well, your decision to remain in toxic situations or in an environment that makes you sick to your stomach, says more about YOU than it does about them.
Want to have a more successful career? Change the way you think. Losers blame others. Winners take responsibility.
As you climb up the ladder of success, you’ll realize it’s less about your IQ and more about the touchy-feely part of business. Can you control your emotions? Are you empathetic? Can you manage relationships? Can you take responsibility when things go wrong? No one wants a leader who makes excuses and blames others for the problems of the world.
Once you understand that you are the problem and solution for almost everything–the magic of life can truly begin.
Here are a few resources I mentioned during the podcast:
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0, is an insightful book about EQ and how it can improve your life.
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s show –The Daily VEE, here’s the link to his YouTube show.
Listen & let me know what you think!