Do you ever look at someone’s Facebook, Instagram or Twitter feed and wonder “How in the heck does she find the time to post so much?”
Does your desire to grow your brand compete with your ability to keep up with social media? If so, you’re not alone.
Engaging with your followers, blogging, tweeting, and doing it for the gram can suck the life out of you.
Believe me, I get it.
But here’s the thing: when it comes to increasing your visibility and getting noticed by the right people, a plan, patience, and the right tools can take your brand to the next level.
Check out a few tips and tools to boost your brand and put your marketing on auto-pilot:
STAY UP TO DATE IN YOUR INDUSTRY.
- Buzzsumo – From finding influencers and monitoring industry trends to joining the conversation online about things happening in your industry, Buzzsmo is a great way to discover content that people love. Here’s how it works: search by topic or domain, filter by date and voila—the most popular content being shared online appears.
- Google Alerts – Be one of the first to know about things happening in your target market. You can set alerts for Google to email you the latest news as it’s published online.
PLAN & PRODUCE QUALITY CONTENT CONSISTENTLY.
I always say you can’t sit around hoping for success, you have to plan for it. If you want to build your authority in your industry, make a plan to create and share quality content consistently. An editorial calendar can help you plan content for the week, month or even the entire year. Check out the tools below.
- Grammarly – Listen, we’re human, mistakes happen, but grammatical errors reflect poorly on your brand. Enter my BFF: Grammarly—a desktop tool that not only checks for spelling, commas, periods, etc., it also flags your content for common contextual spelling errors like their vs. there, and mixed metaphors, passive voice, etc.
- Hootsuite – Managing your social media presence can feel overwhelming. Hootsuite is my sanity saver. It can help you schedule or automate content across your favorite social media accounts.
- CoSchedule – An easy all in one editorial calendar that allows you to schedule, promote and automate everything from a blog post, podcast and marketing campaigns to YouTube videos—to your social networks. Although, there is a monthly fee a free trial is available.
- Headline analyzer – If you want people to read your content, writing a catchy headline, which grabs their attention, is key. Headliner analyzer, a Coschedule tool, helps you write headlines that drive traffic.
- SEO Yoast Plugin – A special gift for my WordPress users. SEO (search engine optimization) helps people find you online. It rates your content for keywords, Meta descriptions, images, etc.—all the required elements needed to get more visitors to your website.
BREATHE LIFE INTO YOUR BRAND WITH VISUALS.
How do you want your followers to perceive you? What feelings do you want your brand to evoke? From your colors and logo to design and graphics, having a strong brand identity can help you stand out from the crowd. Take your content to the next level with these online tools and marketplaces:
- UnSplash – Free photos licensed under Creative Commons Zero “which mean you can copy, modify, distribute and use the photos for free, including commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer.”
- Creative Market – An online marketplace where you can purchase graphics, templates, flat lays, and templates for your website and social media networks.
- Canva – A super simple and quick way to create stunning graphics for everything from Instagram and Pinterest to Facebook and Twitter covers. Did I mention it’s free?
- Planoly – A fantastic way to schedule and plan a visually stunning layout for your Instagram post.