If you think your degrees and fancy titles are enough to stand out from the crowd, think again. The reality is, there are a gazillion other people boasting similar skills and experiences. So what sets you apart from other people in your industry?
Whether you’re an entrepreneur looking to separate yourself from the competition or an employee looking to climb to the top of the corporate ladder, you can’t stand out from the crowd in your comfort zone.
On this podcast, I talk about:
- The mindset you need to adopt first before you can stand out in your industry.
- The types of stories you can tell to connect and build trust with your audience.
- Ways to position yourself as an expert and the weekly habits you should adopt to boost your personal brand with social media.
Also, in light of a “Day Without a Woman” and Women’s History Month, I highlight a few women who are doing some amazing things to step up and stand out in their respective industries.
Here are few insights and takeaways:
- My perspective about the advice: “Stop doing what everyone else is doing.”
- What I learned from interviewing over 100 entrepreneurs.
- How to take the lead at work.
- The power of creating a non-negotiable list.
If you want to stand out from the crowd, you have to find the courage to use your voice & take the lead on something. Here are the links to a few of the ahhhmazing ladies I talked about during the podcast:
- Melissa Butler – Founder, The Lip Bar
- Tamara McNeil – Founder, Just Like Me Box
- Tamika D. Mallory – Co-founder A Day Without a Woman
Listen and let me know what you think!