Listen, we all have those days when we feel like we’re not good enough.
- You talk yourself out of things because you’re afraid of what people might think.
- You procrastinate because you’re afraid of making mistakes.
- You trick yourself into believing you need more time to prepare.
- You insist you don’t have the time.
you to tell yourself, here’s what I need you to know….
Your feelings are not facts. And most importantly, you don’t have to believe everything you think.
Seriously over the last 4 years, here’s what I’ve learned about myself:
Whenever I’m about to try something new, I feel afraid. My mind tries to convince me that I’m not ready. I literally feel exhausted and overwhelmed.
But thankfully I’ve learned how to train my mind.
Wait what, Kandia? What kind of tomfoolery is this?
Ah, watch and learn, Grasshopper …….
Everything and I mean everything starts and ends with YOU. First off, I don’t believe you ever really get over fear—you simply work through it.
For example, words have power, so watch how you speak to yourself.
Secondly, sometimes, you just have to take a good long look in the mirror and give yourself the pep talk, like, “Girl bye. You are Beautiful and More Than Enough.”
Here are a few affirmations I practice daily:
- I am the Chief Experience Officer (CEO) of my life. I define success on my own terms. I trust that I have everything I need to get started. I don’t need their approval. Today, I give myself permission to succeed.
- I will make the best decision with the information and resources I have access to right now.
- Failure and mistakes are a part of the process.
- “I never lose. I either win or learn.”~Nelson Mandela
- I refuse to allow anyone to steal my magic.
- My brain has the power to find the good in every situation.
- My situation does not define who I am.
- Failure is feedback for the come-up.
- No matter what happens, I was bold enough to try and celebrate the fact that I stepped up to the plate.
- I give myself permission to carve my own path in life and business.
- I’m a beautiful work in progress. I will own my truth, even if it makes others uncomfortable.
- Perfection is a waste of my time. Today, I chose progress.